Saturday, January 16, 2010

Nothing new under the sun?

I am currently working my way through my planned reading list and have started at the top with The Secret Key to Heaven by Thomas Brooks. The book was originally published in 1665, but the following passage reminded me of modern times.


“It would be mirth and music to [Satan] to be continually laying open the follies and weaknesses of the saint.”

Sounds like the media toward conservatives (of any religion or none at all).
----------------------------
As a follow up to yesterday's post on Haiti I thought I'd share a link to resources discussing suffering that are available from Ligonier.

Suffering.  I apologize in advance for not having read through everything on the link before this recommendation so I am unable to comment on which article, etc, is most worth your limited time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any useful comment whether you agree with what is stated here or not. Vulgarity and belligerence will not be responded to, vulgarity will also be deleted. If you don't know what's vulgar, you don't watch enough television.