Monday, January 25, 2010

PETA, They're Always Good for a Laugh

So.  In the midst of a political blog gorge-fest yesterday afternoon, I came across a funny little blog.  This is what he had to say this morning.

OK, I'll stop laughing just long enough to reminisce about one of my favorite lost C-SPAN weekends.  It would have been about 5 years ago...yes, I remember it fondly.  The rather ordinary, and make-up-less (fine in real life, not so much in front of a camera), woman delivering a passionate plea to her audience to take up...the rights of ants.  I thought I mis-heard.  I listened again.  Nope, I heard right.  "Think of all those poor, innocent ants.  Everyday, millions of them are killed or maimed just from people carelessly stepping on them.  Not to speak of the horrors of their mass-destruction by exterminators and poisons...blah, blah, blah."

I've shared this story with folks in the past.  I don't think they really believed me.  Who can blame them.  No one in his or her right mind could possibly be that obtuse.

This quote from the blogger was my fave: "as long as there are Petapeople out there, I'll never be at a loss for entertainment!"  No, but my thesaurus will soon be out of synonyms for "stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any useful comment whether you agree with what is stated here or not. Vulgarity and belligerence will not be responded to, vulgarity will also be deleted. If you don't know what's vulgar, you don't watch enough television.