Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thoughts on the Coming Year

(Note to self: Never start a blog right before Christmas if you actually want to write anything.)

I was composing the most fascinating entry, then I was interrupted by a baby who felt the need for a bottle.  Hey, if Obama can blame everything on Bush, I can at least blame a few things on my kids.

In light of the derailment of my train of thought and the subsequent death of my planned entry, I think I will simply link to a very excellent post I read at Big Government this morning. 

How I Spent My Hawaiian Vacation

As I said in my comments on the site, real families (and by real I mean my family) won't be taking vacation this year.  And I meant it.  As 2010 dawns, the looming tax hike & possibility of layoffs by my husband's employer, make a vacation an utter impossibility.  I try not to think about it because it depresses me, and I hate being depressed.  I like to look for the good & try to keep upbeat.  There's enough pain in the world, I don't need to be one myself. 

I suppose, though, this is the "change" Obama promised.  A future so bleak that those of us who normally can find the good in a pile of...well, you know...can barely look past the next week without feeling a certain level of fear & uncertainty.  Leave off the lack of vacation, the potential of our lost income...what about my children's future?  Saddled with this enormous debt, how will they ever hope to acheive what their parents and grandparents acheived?  My children love to talk about how they want to start their own business when they get older.  They want to design video games (are there any boys between the ages of 5 & 17 who DON'T want to do this?).  I wonder if they will even be able to get a job at Denny's with their college degrees.

Add to this Fox News' apparent decision to NOT post Andy Levy's Half Time Report on their website anymore and I have to say, this year is not looking too promising.  Do you think the FCC had something to do with this debacle?  Nah, they can't even get their work in on time. (FCC Misses Deadline for Broadband Plan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any useful comment whether you agree with what is stated here or not. Vulgarity and belligerence will not be responded to, vulgarity will also be deleted. If you don't know what's vulgar, you don't watch enough television.